Monday, February 22, 2010

Small Victories

I haven't been around in this little corner of the Internet for awhile. Trust me, I've been exercising, even when I haven't wanted to, and my food intake has been okay...not awesome, but not out of control, save for the Godiva chocolates I got for Valentine's Day, and the fact that (sorry, gentleman!) it's been that time of the month, and OH MY GOD, I JUST WANT TO EAT. And lay about with a heating pad. No bueno.

Still, slowly but surely, it's been paying off in little ways. I know that many people use weighing in as a good way to check-in on themselves, and yeah, I get it. But I still think that too much weighing in is sort of a bad thing---I know that my body fluctuates wildly, with hormones, water intake and a million different things.

Over the weekend, I decided to try a new sort of weigh-in. I was getting ready to head out, and picked up the pair of jeans I've sort of been relying on lately. I saw another pair next to them, that I used to love...before they got too tight. I decided it'd be fun to just trythem---you know, just in case.

They fit! THEY FIT! I zipped them up and wore them out and felt absolutely fantastic all night---like all of the salads, apples and hours spent at the gym are finally starting to pay off. I have a hell of a long way to go, but I'm getting somewhere...and that feels amazing.

And this morning, when my alarm went off at 4:30 am, I bounded out of bed, because I want more moments like THAT, where I'm zipping into things I worried I might never wear again.

11 comments:

  1. GOLD STAR! Those are my favorite moments. Here's to many more like those! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so much better than seeing a different number on the scale! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I'm really happy to read this, because it gives me hope (and inspiration) that I can start being more serious about getting healthy. I just had my yearly...you know...nether-region...checkup (like, literally 30 minutes ago), and the worst part wasn't the shoving-shit-inside-me thing. It was the weigh-in. I weigh almost TEN POUNDS more than I thought I did, and almost THIRTY pounds more than where I want to be ideally. Boo. So, it's time to get sweaty. (twss)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh that feeling of being able to fit into something that was previously too tight . . . it's awesome. A bigger high than seeing a drop on the scales.

    Congrats hon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fitting into formerly tight clothing is the best feeling ever, isn't it? Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! (does the happy dance for you) The pants test is supposed to be a more mentally healthy way to gauge any kind of weight loss progress and I'm glad you discovered it. It's great that you're so motivated again and you feel like everything's paying off. (shakes the pompoms!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY! The happy "I can zip these up dance"! You wait until the "wait, these are way I too big. I need to take them to the recycled store" dance- that's a classic, and won't be far off now! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and just so you know, Godiva chocolates on Valentine's Day don't count as cheating on account of them being proof that someone loves you. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much better than a number on a scale! You're doing awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh! Fun!!! This is precisely why I use my clothes as my scale. And I kind of love that last line: "...where I'm zipping into things I worried I might never wear again." I feel like that transcends weight loss.

    ReplyDelete