Saturday, January 2, 2010

Plans...

Wow! Thank you all so much for your sweet comments on my first post over here! You guys are amazing.

I am currently writing from the Midwest, where I am visiting Andrew's family. Eating well here is definitely a challenge. I think the holidays are always difficult, but in the Midwest? EXTRA difficult. There is so much amazing food here. Andrew's mom is a great cook, there have been delicious snacks everywhere and we've been enjoying some local delicacies (like the Horseshoe sandwich which is exclusive to the Springfield, IL area).

Because I am not cooking, I have very limited control over what I'm eating while I'm here, but I am trying to be reasonable. For example, I chose a skinny vanilla latte over the peppermint white mocha I was craving this morning. I ate my breakfast and left the room when the caramel corn came out for a mid-morning snack. I'm trying to keep portion sizes under control. It's little changes like these that I think will really add up.

When I arrive home on Monday evening, I'll be starting in full "on" mode. We don't buy too much unhealthy food, but I'll be working on making sure I have lots of yummy options for work. I tend to crave sweets at night and in the afternoon, so I am going to try and find some healthy alternatives. I know that I'm better off when I eat protein in the morning, so I'm going to try and find some easy ways to do that. Also, we tend to dine out a few times a week (we trade dinner nights and Andrew isn't super into cooking) so we're working on staying in more often AND I'll be doing some research into calories of foods at our favorite restaurants.

For me, I think the biggest change will be working out. But that's a whole separate post, so I'll save that for tomorrow.

Happy Saturday, friends! Hope 2010 is going your way already...

8 comments:

  1. wooo! go you! :) i dropped 40 pounds almost two years ago, and i'm about to start hitting the gym hardcore for the wedding. you're amazing. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes when I crave sweets mid afternoon, I grab a handful of almonds - works wonders. I've managed to lose my Christmas weight this week so I'm pleased with that :) Onwards and upwards Amy!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a pro. I love peppermint white mochas and I am not sure I could trade them for a skinny anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the page; however, i am now craving a freakin cupcake!

    the shred has been a pain in my celulite; however, i will say that the results i am seeing are the reason why i keep listening to the same thing over and over and over again. i am also running 3 times a week so it's been fun.

    good luck and i hope to hear more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think working out will be toughest for me, too - eating better, or at least in better portions, feels very doable & like something I can control without hating on my life too much in the process. Working out...?!?!? YUCK....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll make sure you go to the gym when I do :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh! I posted using the wrong account! I used my wife's account. But anyways sounds like you've got a plan! Heather (my wife) and I (Matt) are doing the same at mattkendrick.com! Sorry about that! - Matt

    ReplyDelete
  8. MMmm....horshoes... :) If you still need help with counting calories, The Biggest Loser has a book with supposedly everything you could think of in it....

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1594865957/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=1605297372&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0T63JTF7YBE894Z921MH

    ReplyDelete